When talking about Vinyl record maintenance and collection, there are a number of things to be considered:
First of all, you need to ensure the arm being set up properly to avoid damage to vinyl. Most of the scratches are being created by the mis-configuration on the turntable.
For vinyl storage, there are several points to be catered:
- Place vinyl to a place ventilated for avoiding dust.
- Clear the CD/DVD/vinyl once after playing.
- After each listening session, it is a must to have 6 hours without playing the same vinyl to allow the cooling down of the vinyl. Do not play it repeatedly to damage the groove.
(Remarks: It is recommended to use a carbon fiber brush to clean the surface of the vinyl record. The carbon fiber brush is anti-static and avoiding unnecessary damage to the LP disc.)
- Store the vinyl into the anti-static inner sleeves before placing to the cover or box.
- Place the vinyl as standing one-by-one closely to avoid any damage.
- Moldy and/or dirty vinyl should be cleaned before playing. Please refer to “Cleaning Vinyl ”